Monday, November 7, 2011

The Book of Matthew

Disclaimer: My knowledge of The Bible extends about as far as my arms after I have slept on them all night long.

So, if I offend anyone, my apologies....

Jesus was a smart man.....

Let's discuss The Beatitudes, shall we?

If I am not mistaken, there are twenty. (We all know that I am never mistaken.) Some I understand better than others and some I have to read more than once to fully grasp the meaning. My problem is that I take everything very literally, so for instance, when I read about Adultery I got a little scared. I mean, who wants to gouge there eye out and throw it away, I don't. So I discussed this one with my wife.
Have you ever been shopping or at work minding your own business when you look up and see someone attractive? I read about adultery the first time and thought I was gonna have to gouge my eyes out and throw them away. Then I read it again....when I look at another woman "Lustfully". I think everyone can say that one time or another you have noticed someone (other than your significant other) who is attractive. My wife says there is a difference between seeing someone who is beautiful or pretty, or seeing someone and thinking "Lustfully".

I can keep my eyes....

Let me say that I love my wife very much and that it is because of her that I am not a cigarette smoking alcoholic AND to me, she is the most beautiful woman I have ever laid my eyes on. I can however look at other people and see that they are beautiful as well.

I apologize for my lack of writing skills and if anything I am writing doesn't make any sense. I am in hopes that if I keep this going that I may get better. The purpose of this is that I may write about what is going on in my head while I begin reading The New Testament. I am also hoping that you as the reader will give your input and thoughts on whatever subject I write about. My post may also be short (like my attention span).

P.S. I wrote this whole post with one finger......I really did. I have Lukas to thank for that.....





1 comment:

  1. You did fine for a newbie. Blogging is addictive; one of the good addiction, I think. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete